What happened in the cricket world today – June 7
Here is the quick wrap-up of the events that happened in the world of cricket today.
Updated - Jun 7, 2021 7:22 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. Virat Kohli is successful because he has a great self-belief: Rashid Khan
Afghanistan spin bowling sensation Rashid Khan has lauded Indian cricketing legend Virat Kohli and has stated that Kohli believes in his own strength and has supreme self-belief.
2. Sri Lanka emerge as one of the contenders to host the T20 World Cup 2021
Sri Lanka has popped up as a venue that could possibly host the T20 World Cup that will be held this year.
3. Kane Williamson is very experienced and knows how to play on the English conditions: Parthiv Patel
Former Indian cricketer Parthiv Patel has stated that New Zealand batting icon Kane Williamson has the ability to play the ball late and is hugely experienced as well.
4. ‘If I was the captain, I would pick Ashwin’ – Salman Butt weighs in Ravi Ashwin-Nathan Lyon debate evoked by Ian Chappell
Pakistan cricketer Salman Butt has opined that he would go ahead and pick India’s Ravichandran Ashwin over Australian spinner Nathan Lyon if he is the skipper.
5. ‘I think there would have been more intent’ – Nasser Hussain on England’s poor show against New Zealand on day 5 of 1st Test
Former England skipper Nasser Hussain is not happy with the way the England side approached their target against New Zealand in the first Test at Lord’s.
6. Aakash Chopra picks both Ravi Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja to play WTC final against New Zealand
Former Indian opening batsman Aakash Chopra has opined that India should bite the bullet and pick both Ravichandran Ashwin and Ravindra Jadeja in their playing XI for the WTC final against New Zealand.
7. Faf du Plessis picks his two favourites to win the ICC T20 World cup 2021
South African cricketer Faf du Plessis has stated that India and the West Indies have a good chance of winning the 2021 edition of the T20 World Cup.
8. Danish Kaneria predicts Ravindra Jadeja as India’s most valuable performer in the WTC final
Former Pakistan leg spinner Danish Kaneria has opined that Ravindra Jadeja is a triple dimensional player and added that the left-arm spinner will be the most valuable player for the Indian side in the WTC final against New Zealand.