What happened in the cricket world today – May 2
Here is the wrap-up of the events that happened in the world of cricket.
Updated - May 2, 2021 7:44 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. I finally will have Alastair Cook stop telling me that he has got one T20 hundred more than me: Jos Buttler
Jos Buttler thrashed the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) bowling attack and scored a belligerent 124 off just 64 deliveries. And now, the England batsman has stated that Alastair Cook will stop telling him that Cook has scored more T20 hundreds than him.
2. IPL 2021: KL Rahul admitted to hospital after complaining of a severe abdomen pain
The Punjab Kings (PBKS) suffered a massive setback as their skipper and batting talisman KL Rahul has been admitted to the hospital and is likely to undergo surgery.
3. ‘He was obviously shocked and disappointed’ – Tom Moody on David Warner’s reaction after being sacked as SRH skipper
The Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) side removed David Warner from the post of captain and gave the responsibility of leading the side to Kane Williamson. And, SRH’s Director of Cricket, Tom Moody has revealed that Warner was shocked after he was removed as the skipper.
4. IPL 2021: Simon Doull points why SRH sacked David Warner as their captain
David Warner was removed as the captain of the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) side midway through the 14th edition of the IPL. And, former New Zealand cricketer Simon Doull has stated the possible reason why Warner was removed as the captain of the SRH side.
5. It’s very very shameful that cricketers are not doing anything for public during these tough COVID times: Lalit Modi
Former IPL chairman, Lalit Modi has lashed out at the cricketers as well as the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) for not coming out and helping the public during the times of Covid-19.
6. IPL 2021: Rassie van der Dussen not to join Rajasthan Royals
South African cricketer Rassie van der Dussen will not join the Rajasthan Royals (RR) franchise as he has not received the No Objection Certificate from the South African Cricket Board.
7. ‘He just seems so lazy’ – Kevin Pietersen on Shubman Gill’s difficulties in IPL 2021
Shubman Gill has experienced some trying times with the willow in IPL 2021. The right-hander has scored just 132 runs in this IPL edition thus far, and average just 18.86. And, Kevin Pietersen has delved deep into the reasons why Gill has not managed to get amongst the runs.
8. IPL 2021: RCB to sport special blue jersey to raise money towards oxygen support
The Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) side has decided to show its support to the frontline healthcare workers by sporting a blue jersey in one of their upcoming IPL matches.