Chris Gayle accused of indecent behavior with a masseuse denies the claims
Chris Gayle found this unsettling and hurting as he was shocked by such allegations.
Updated - Oct 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Chris Gayle has been involved in some tussles on the field. However, he is fairly quiet when it comes to the off the field matters. He was involved in a flirting row with a journalist in the Big Bash League down under but since then there were no controversies related to the mighty Gayle at all.
That said, the Australian media are making sure Gayle has some controversies with him. They have upheld a story from back in 2015. Gayle was in Australia for the World Cup that year and is accused of exposing his genitals to a masseuse in the dressing room. The Fairfax Media Newspapers, a group of newspapers, thrashed the West Indies cricketer for the same.
However, the story was covered last year in January and has now come back in action again. The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age and The Canberra Times all of them covered the news last year. This has gone on to defamation now and Gayle’s barrister has rubbished all the claims by saying they are “quite foul” and “quite wrong”.
I want to clear my name – Gayle
Gayle found this unsettling and hurting as he was shocked by such allegations. He said that this is the most hurting thing that has ever happened in his entire life. He said that this is the one thing he wants to clear his name from and has pleaded not guilty.
Gayle said, “It’s the most hurtful thing I’ve actually come across in my entire life. This is one case I have to fight. I want to clear my name.” Gayle’s barrister said that this is an attempt to blacken the name of his client and the media group are accusing him of things that did not happen. Bruce McClintock, his barrister, said, “They intended to blacken his name. They want to destroy him.”
The hearing is scheduled for 10 days and will have a conclusion by the end of its tenure. It will be harsh on Gayle if he is proved guilty.