Chris Gayle demands a sum of USD 300,000 for a detailed interview on indecent exposure case
I'm a good man. I'm not guilty: Gayle
Published - Nov 10, 2017 11:54 am | Updated - Nov 10, 2017 6:31 pm
West Indies’s T20 legend Chris Gayle, who has been under the scrutiny from Fairfax media regarding allegations of indecent exposure in front of the team masseuse, came out to submit his interest to talk about the incident in detail in an interview but has charged an amount of USD 300,000 for it.
Along with Chris Gayle, Dwayne Smith was also accused of sending lewd text messages. According to the statements from the team masseuse, the incident occurred in the dressing room in Sydney during the World Cup of 2015. However, NSW Supreme Court jury ruled a defamation case in his favour late last month, finding the articles were motivated by malice.
“I have a very interested (sic) successful story to tell!! It can be an exclusive 60mins interview orY’alll just have to wait on my next book. It’s about what transpired in court and behind the scenes in Australia, how they went to bigger heads to get me ban,” tweeted Chris Gayle recently.
I’m a good man. I’m not guilty: Gayle
Gayle was at the receiving end of severe criticism after he asked out presenter Mel McLaughlin over drinks during an interview while playing for Melbourne Renegades in the Big Bash League of 2015-16. His “Don’t blush, baby” comment was termed as inappropriate.
“How they want to use me as a scapegoat over a interview – I’ll tell you what I do every day after court, believe me, when I break this down to y’all it will be like a movie! No holding back. Biding (sic) starts at US$300K for this interview! So much to say & I will!” further added Gayle.
Speaking after the trial, Gayle said the case had been “very emotional”. “I’m a good man. I’m not guilty,” he said. Fairfax has yet to announce whether it will appeal the ruling