Cricket in 2018: 15 Images that went viral
These iconic clicks share both the highs and lows that the cricketing world witnessed in 2018.
Published - Dec 28, 2018 5:22 pm | Updated - Dec 28, 2018 5:22 pm
2018 witnessed many highs and lows in world cricket that were all captivated in some brilliant images. The year beheld some of the most intriguing battles on the field ever. It started off with the brilliant Ashes series between Australia and England which the hosts won. However, misery was to follow with the sandpaper gate happened in South Africa and shocked the cricketing universe. The trio of Steve Smith, David Warner and Cameron Bancroft were banned in the aftermath of the incident.
Also, the year saw some of the finest cricketers who have graced the game retire. English legend Alastair Cook, Sri Lanka’s legendary left-arm spinner Rangana Herath bid adieu to the game. Also, Mohammad Hafeez decided to retire after a memorable comeback.
There were displays of some fine sportsmanship. Be it Tamim Iqbal batting with one hand after breaking his wrist, Smith and Warner sharing cordial smiles in a club match or Yuzvendra Chahal tying the lace of Pakistan’s Usman Khan, they were all great to watch.
Moreover, there was a lot of buzz created about the actions of a few cricketers. For instance, Virat Kohli nearly colliding with Australian skipper Tim Paine created a lot of controversy. While a few enjoyed the ‘Mic Drop’ celebration from Joe Root, the others didn’t like it one bit. MS Dhoni captaining the Indian team in his 200th ODI was one of the most iconic images of the year as well.
As a part of our Cricket in 2018 coverage here are the iconic images of 2018:
1. Cameron Bancroft using the Sandpaper
2. Newspaper headlines after the Sandpaper Gate
3. Alastair Cook’s final Test
4. Australia’s Ashes win
5. Virat Kohli’s ‘near collision’ with Tim Paine
6. David Warner and Steve Smith all smiles in a club match
7. Joe Root’s Mic Drop celebration
8. MS Dhoni’s 200th ODI as Captain
9. Rangana Herath’s send-off after retirement
10. MS Dhoni – The finisher in IPL 2018
11. Tamim Iqbal one-handed batting
12. Yuzvendra Chahal tying Usman Khan’s shoelace
13. Archie Schiller included in the Australian Test squad
14. Mohammad Hafeez performing Sajdah
15. Steve Smith and David Warner in tears at the press conference
Get the latest Cricket News and all the Cricket in 2018 articles, Match Predictions, Fantasy Cricket Tips and lots more on CricTracker.com.