Dwayne Bravo warns other teams about the Windies’ threat ahead of World Cup 2019
"We have some good young players."
Updated - Mar 3, 2019 6:20 pm
The Windies cricket team has managed to turn the tables around all of a sudden ahead of the World Cup 2019. Before the series that they played against England, no one considered them to be a strong contender. The young Windies team has struggled to raise the bar up and tasted some of the worst defeats. But their recent performances make Dwayne Bravo confident about their chances at the mega-tournament.
With the return of Chris Gayle, the team looks fierce. Shai Hope is in decent form with the bat and the bowling has been top notch in the last one year. Thus, Bravo, who retired from international cricket last year, believes that Windies will be a threat to all the other teams in the tournament. He also noted that no team is favourite heading into the mega event, which starts on Thursday, May 30.
World Cup is going to be a very open tournament this time
“We have some good young players who have been improving and developing well and it is good to see the way the team is doing against England which is the number one ODI side,” he was quoted as saying in The Times of India (TOI). Bravo said that that he spoke to skipper Jason Holder and other members.
He mentioned that the tournament will be an open one this time around and believes the Windies will be a huge threat to other teams. He even said that anyone can do well on a given day and seemed to be extremely confident about the Windies team.
“I have talked to captain Jason Holder and others and I believe this team will be a threat to all teams in the World Cup which is going to be a very open tournament this time. Anyone can do well on a given day but I feel confident about West Indies as we see a good mix of experience and youth,” he added.