Pitch invader Jarvo denies aggravated trespass during England-India series

Pitch invader Jarvo denies aggravated trespass during England-India series

On Tuesday, October 12 he appeared at the Croydon Magistrates’ Court and pleaded not guilty.

Jarvo
Jarvo. (Photo Source: Twitter)

Daniel Jarvis, famously renowned as ‘Jarvo’ invaded the pitch several times during the Test match series between England and India. Recently, he was charged with aggravated trespass for having invaded the Oval cricket ground and then colliding with the England batter Jonny Bairstow. However, the prankster has now denied a charge of aggravated trespass.

Jarvis entered the scenario as many as three times during the Test series. Previously, he had walked in with a helmet but the third time around the Youtuber walked onto the field with a ball in his hand. He ran past India’s speedster Umesh Yadav and then collided with Baristow for which he was been charged. He had previously entered the ground twice at Lord’s and then at Leeds.

Jarvis out on unconditional bail

He has a YouTube channel with more than 160,000 subscribers and was arrested on September 13 for allegedly invading the field. On Tuesday, October 12 he appeared at the Croydon Magistrates’ Court and pleaded not guilty to the single charge.

“He collided with Jonny Bairstow, causing him to stumble forwards. The television broadcast had to be suspended and there was significant disruption to the game,” said Prosecutor Frances McCormack. While defending Jarvis, Bruce Reid put forward the point that the YouTuber had no intentions of committing any offense. The Magistrates granted him unconditional bail ahead of a trial on March 23 next year.

The prankster had grabbed the attention of the cricketing fraternity owing to his multiple appearances in the Test match series. As the series was played amidst the challenging times of the ongoing pandemic, it had further added to the worries. A person entering the play for the third time also raised several questions on the ground security.

Earlier, the England batter Ollie Pope had also expressed his views on Jarvo’s invasion whilst the ongoing games. “Jarvo has made a few appearances this series. I don’t know how he’s got on the pitch again, to be honest. I try to stay in my bubble and don’t let it affect me. Just block it out,” said Pope in a virtual press conference.