What happened in the cricket world today – April 13
Here is a quick summary of the events that happened in the world of cricket.
Updated - Apr 13, 2021 10:19 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. IPL 2021: Brian Lara opines on Sanju Samson’s decision to refuse a single against PBKS
Sanju Samson blasted a blistering 63-ball 119 against the Punjab Kings (PBKS) in Rajasthan Royals’ first match of IPL 2021. In spite of Samson’s scintillating effort, the Rajasthan outfit ended up on the losing side. And, Samson’s decision not to run a single off the 5th ball of the 20th over became a talking point in cricketing circles. Now, Brian Lara has offered his opinion on the matter.
2. IPL 2021: Stuart Broad questions RR for not opening the innings with Jos Buttler
In their first IPL match of 2021, Rajasthan Royals decided to send in Ben Stokes and Manan Vohra to open the batting in spite of having Jos Buttler in their playing XI. And, England pacer Stuart Broad has stated that Buttler is one of the best wicketkeeper cum opening batsmen in world cricket.
3. Glenn Maxwell reveals how Virat Kohli and Adam Zampa played a role in his signing with RCB
Glenn Maxwell was signed by the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) side for a colossal sum of INR 14.25 Crores. And now, Maxwell has revealed how Azam Zampa helped him bag a deal with the Bangalore outfit.
4. IPL certainly fast-tracked my T20 International career: Glenn Maxwell
Australian cricketer Glenn Maxwell has heaped praise on the Indian Premier League (IPL). Maxwell was one of the costliest buys in the 2021 IPL auctions and was bought for a massive sum of INR 14.25 Crores.
5. ‘I believe he’ll hit it 10 yards further next time’ – Kumar Sangakkara on Sanju Samson denying Chris Morris the strike in RR vs PBKS match
Sanju Samson’s magical century went in vain as the Rajasthan Royals lost their opening match of the 14th IPL edition to the Punjab Kings (PBKS) side. And now, Rajasthan’s Director of Cricket, Kumar Sangakkara has opined that it was encouraging to see Samson taking up the responsibility and backing himself to win the match for his side.
6. Actor Mohanlal receives jersey from Sanju Samson; RR skipper responds
Acting legend Mohanlal took to Twitter and thanked Sanju Samson after he received a jersey from the Rajasthan Royals side. Samson would have surely been a happy man after receiving a ‘Thank You’ message from one of the best actors of South Indian Cinema.
7. IPL 2021: Michael Vaughan questions RR’s tactics of using Jos Buttler against PBKS
Outspoken former England captain Michael Vaughan has questioned the Rajasthan Royals franchise as to why Jos Buttler did not open the batting for them in their first match of IPL 2021 against Punjab Kings.
8. IPL 2021: Scott Styris feels Mumbai Indians made a mistake by playing Marco Jansen; explains the reason
Former New Zealand cricketer Scott Styris feels that the Mumbai Indians (MI) will not retain Marco Jansen ahead of the IPL mega auctions next year. And, Styris has given the reason as to why Mumbai should not have picked Jansen in the 2021 IPL auctions.