What happened in the cricket world today – August 13
Here is the quick wrap-up of the events that grabbed the spotlight in the world of cricket today.
Updated - Aug 13, 2021 6:48 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. If Virat Kohli leaves aggression, it will make a lot of difference to his batting: Inzamam-ul-Haq
Pakistan cricketing legend Inzamam-ul-Haq has opined that if Virat Kohli can let go of his aggression, it can make a difference to the way he bats.
2. I am surprised by the side New Zealand are sending for Bangladesh tour: Russell Domingo
Bangladesh Coach Russell Domingo has opined that New Zealand has got some good players and added that he is surprised at the squad that the Kiwis are sending for the series against Bangladesh.
3. ENG vs IND: VVS Laxman analyses Virat Kohli’s batting, reveals where it’s going wrong for him
Batting legend VVS Laxman feels that Virat Kohli has been shuffling around too much and that is the reason why he is not able to score runs.
4. ‘Boom Boom is usually Afridi’ – Michael Holding reacts after Jasprit Bumrah’s fans hold placard
West Indies cricket legend Michael Holding has opined that the nickname ‘Boom Boom’ belongs to Pakistan cricketer Shahid Afridi.
5. Aaron Finch undergoes successful knee surgery, likely to stay away for 10 weeks
Australian cricketer Aaron Finch underwent a knee surgery and will be out of action for more than 2 months.
6. ENG vs IND: KL Rahul returns to the dressing room after Day 1, BCCI releases viral video
The BCCI has released a video of Indian opening batsman KL Rahul returning back to the dressing room at the end of the First Day’s play at Lord’s.
7. Ishan Kishan names one MS Dhoni skillset that he’ll like to learn
Ishan Kishan has stated that MS Dhoni has performed wherever he has gone and has not complained about anything. Kishan added that this is something that he would like to learn from the former Indian skipper.
8. Herschelle Gibbs reveals three teams as strong favourites to win T20 World Cup 2021
Former South African cricketer Herschelle Gibbs has opined that England, Pakistan, and India are the favourites to win the upcoming T20 World Cup.