What happened in the cricket world today – August 4
Here is the quick wrap-up of the news stories that hogged the limelight today.
Updated - Aug 4, 2021 7:25 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. ‘We want him to get the help he needs’- James Anderson extends ‘full support’ to teammate Ben Stokes
England cricketing legend James Anderson has stated that he hopes that Ben Stokes gets all the help that he needs to come back stronger. Anderson even added that Stokes is a fantastic player.
2. T20 World Cup 2021: India to face Pakistan on October 24
Fans will witness a blockbuster clash between India and Pakistan in the 2021 edition of the T20 World Cup on 24th October 2021.
3. Bangladesh to host New Zealand for five T20Is in September 2021
Bangladesh and New Zealand will lock horns in a five-match T20I series in the month of September this year.
4. ‘I don’t care if I get him out’ – James Anderson opens up on scalping Virat Kohli’s wicket
James Anderson has stated that he does not care whether he dismisses Virat Kohli or not. The 39-year-old added that Kohli is a big player for the Indian side.
5. England vs India: Ollie Pope ruled out of the first Test, Jonny Bairstow to replace him
England cricketer Ollie Pope will not take part in the first Test match against India as he is suffering from a thigh strain.
6. India should have played Ravi Ashwin who is a match-winning bowler at No. 8: VVS Laxman
VVS Laxman reckons that the Indian cricket team should have included Ravichandran Ashwin in the playing XI as he is capable of providing match-winning performances.
7. I cannot say with guarantee if Virat Kohli will win an ICC Trophy or not: WV Raman
WV Raman has admitted that he is not sure whether India will win an ICC Trophy under the leadership of Virat Kohli.
8. IPL 2021: KKR skipper Eoin Morgan confirms participation in second leg
England cricketer Eoin Morgan has confirmed that he will participate in the second leg of the 14th IPL season that will be held in the UAE.