What happened in the cricket world today – July 20
Here are the important news pieces that grabbed the limelight from the world of cricket today.
Updated - Jul 20, 2021 8:27 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. Don’t believe in this red-ball, white-ball concept, every player must play all three formats: Dilip Vengsarkar
Indian cricketing legend Dilip Vengsarkar believes that every cricketer needs to play all three formats of the game for India.
2. Shikhar Dhawan’s contributions remain in the shadow of Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma: Wasim Jaffer
Wasim Jaffer believes that Shikhar Dhawan’s prowess with the willow often gets overshadowed by the brilliance of Virat Kohli and Rohit Sharma.
3. Harbhajan Singh talks of two youngsters ‘hard to ignore’ in T20 World Cup 2021
Harbhajan Singh reckons that it will be tough for India to ignore players of the caliber of Prithvi Shaw and Ishan Kishan for the T20 World Cup this year.
4. ‘We can do it again for MS Dhoni’ – Suresh Raina confident of CSK winning their fourth IPL title
Suresh Raina believes that the CSK side will win the 2021 edition of the IPL for their skipper MS Dhoni.
5. At the age of 30, Virat Kohli already became a legend: Yuvraj Singh
Yuvraj Singh has stated that Virat Kohli was already a legend when he was 30 years old. Singh added that he hopes that Kohli finishes his career on a high.
6. Here is why Indian players are wearing black armbands in the warm-up game against County XI
The Indian cricket players playing against the Select County XI are wearing black armbands to pay tribute to Yashpal Sharma, who passed away recently.
7. England vs Pakistan: Hasan Ali declared fit to play the deciding T20I in Manchester
Pakistan fast bowler Hasan Ali has been declared fit to take the field against England for the third and final T20I.
8. Tamim Iqbal to stay away from cricketing action for two months due to a knee injury
Bangladesh veteran batsman Tamim Iqbal will be out of action for 8 weeks because of a knee injury. Tamim is sure to miss Bangladesh’s upcoming matches against Australia and New Zealand.