What happened in the cricket world today – June 11
Here is the fast wrap-up of the events that took place in the world of cricket today.
Updated - Jun 11, 2021 7:02 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. Kuldeep Yadav all set to shine in the Sri Lanka tour with a new variation, ponders childhood coach
Kapil Dev Pandey, the childhood coach of Indian spinner Kuldeep Yadav has stated that Kuldeep’s biggest weapon is his googly. Pandey added that Kuldeep is now getting turn as well as purchase off the wicket while bowling the googly.
2. Rahul Dravid opens up on how he made sure a game for each player on ‘A’ tours
Indian cricketing legend Rahul Dravid has revealed that he tells all the junior cricketers that when they go on a tour along with Dravid, they will surely get to play at least a single match.
3. ‘Have spoken to Morgan and Kohli’ – Imam-ul-Haq reveals where Pakistan is lacking when compared to India and England
Pakistan cricketer Imam-ul-Haq stated that Virat Kohli and Eoin Morgan are two extremely successful white-ball captains. He further added that the players from India and England get a lot of chances to prove their worth at the international level.
4. Siddharth Kaul contemplates after not getting a call from India’s tour to Sri Lanka
Indian pacer Siddharth Kaul was left out of the Indian side that will tour Sri Lanka for a limited-overs series next month. Kaul tweeted that whenever he fails, he is motivated to work even harder.
5. Sarandeep Singh backs Shardul Thakur to make it to India’s playing XI in WTC final against New Zealand
Former Indian selector Sarandeep Singh has opined that Shardul Thakur should feature in the Indian playing XI for the summit clash of the World Test Championship (WTC) against New Zealand. Singh stated that Thakur is a swing bowler and adds depth to the Indian batting lineup.
6. ‘What did they do wrong?’ – Deep Dasgupta opines on two notable omissions from the India squad for Sri Lanka tour
Former Indian cricketer Deep Dasgupta has opined that Javdev Unadkat and Rahul Tewatia should have been picked in the Indian squad for the limited-overs series against Sri Lanka.
7. Curtly Ambrose opens up about on Sanjay Manjrekar’s ‘not an all-time great’ comment on Ravi Ashwin
West Indies cricketing legend Curtly Ambrose has opined that the term greatness can be looked at in different ways and everybody has their own opinions.
8. Harbhajan Singh leaves out India’s pace spearhead from his playing XI for WTC final
Indian bowling legend Harbhajan Singh has stated that India should play Mohammed Siraj ahead of Ishant Sharma in the WTC final against New Zealand.