What happened in the cricket world today – June 13
Here is the fast wrap-up of the news that matters in the world of cricket today.
Updated - Jun 13, 2021 7:23 pm
Here are the events that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. Ravindra Jadeja has bowled exceptionally well against left-handers, can trouble New Zealand: David Warner
Australian cricketer David Warner has opined that Indian left-arm spinner Ravindra Jadeja has bowled well against the left-handers and also has the capability to hit the footmarks on a consistent basis.
2. ‘It’s bizarre’ – Aakash Chopra confused after Krishnappa Gowtham’s selection for Sri Lanka tour
Former Indian batsman Aakash Chopra has opined that the selection of Krishnappa Gowtham into the Indian squad for the limited-overs series against Sri Lanka is bizarre. Chopra added that Gowtham did not play a single match in the 14th IPL season as well.
3. ‘You have to give credit to Rahul Dravid’ – David Warner lauds former great for grooming young Indian talent
David Warner has stated that legendary Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid has done a fantastic job in grooming young players and making them ready for international cricket.
4. Greg Chappell was never wrong but he should have respected Sachin, Ganguly more: Suresh Raina
Suresh Raina has opined that former Indian Head Coach Greg Chappell was not wrong and the Aussie strived to achieve better results for the Indian team. However, Raina added that Chappell should have respected the likes of Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly.
5. Jaydev Unadkat is unlucky to miss out on Sri Lanka tour: Sanjay Manjrekar
Cricketer turned commentator Sanjay Manjrekar has stated that Jaydev Unadkat should have at least been included as a net bowler in the Indian squad for the limited-overs series against Sri Lanka.
6. Jaydev Unadkat takes a break from social media post Sri Lanka tour snub
After not being picked in the Indian squad for the series against Sri Lanka, Jaydev Unadkat has decided to enter ‘detox’ mode as far as social media is concerned.
7. PSL 2021: Islamabad United’s Hasan Ali to miss remainder of the tournament
Pacer Hasan Ali has pulled out of the remainder of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) stating that some things are more important than playing cricket.
8. Franchise T20 cricket the reason behind England’s Test match batting woes: Kevin Pietersen
Former England batting legend Kevin Pietersen has stated that England players playing franchise cricket is the main reason for their poor performance with the willow in Test match cricket.