What happened in the cricket world today – May 10
Here is the rapid wrap-up of the news from the cricketing world.
Updated - May 10, 2021 7:28 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. IPL 2021: KKR cricketers Varun Chakravarthy and Sandeep Warrier return home after completing their isolation periods
Varun Chakravarthy and Sandeep Warrier who were infected with Covid-19, have now returned to their respective home towns after completing their period of quarantine.
2. Sunrisers Hyderabad donate INR 30 crore in India’s fight against COVID-19
The Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) franchise has come forward and donated an amount of INR 30 Crores to help India fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
3. IPL 2021: Avesh Khan reveals how he and Rishabh Pant planned to get MS Dhoni out
Delhi Capitals’ (DC) pacer Avesh Khan has revealed how the conversation he had with Rishabh Pant helped him dismiss CSK skipper MS Dhoni.
4. Lasith Malinga is in our plans for the forthcoming T20 tours, including the T20 World Cup: Sri Lanka National Selection Committee
The Chairman of the Sri Lankan National Selection Committee, Pramodya Wickramasinghe has revealed that Lasith Malinga is still in Sri Lanka’s plans for the upcoming T20 World Cup.
5. ‘It will be a different team’ – Sourav Ganguly hints India B to travel for Sri Lanka tour
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Sourav Ganguly has stated that a team of white ball specialists from India will travel to Sri Lanka for a limited-overs series.
6. I am willing to pay the fine for my brother: Kamran Akmal
Kamran Akmal has stated that he is ready to pay the fine for his brother, Umar Akmal and the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) can deduct the amount from his PSL salary.
7. ‘Virat Kohli gives you space to do your thing’ – Harshal Patel opens up on playing under the RCB skipper
RCB pacer Harshal Patel has lauded Virat Kohli and has revealed that the RCB skipper played a massive role in improving his confidence.
8. Rahul Dravid predicts India to win Test series in England 3-2
Indian cricketing legend Rahul Dravid has stated that India will defeat England 3-2 in the upcoming five-match Test series.