What happened in the cricket world today – May 11
Here is the quick wrap-up of the events from the cricketing world.
Updated - May 11, 2021 7:31 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. We like pulling legs, but Jasprit Bumrah sometimes takes jokes to the heart: Mohammed Shami
Indian pace bowler Mohammed Shami has stated that Jasprit Bumrah does not joke around much. Shami further added that Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, and Ishant Sharma form a deadly combination.
2. ‘I think we have covered all the bases’ – Parthiv Patel on India’s Test squad for WTC final
Former Indian cricketer Parthiv Patel is impressed with India’s Test squad that will take on New Zealand in the WTC final and has stated that the Indian squad looks very strong.
3. Imran Khan and Wasim Akram used to bowl more overs than Shaheen Afridi in the nets alone: Shoaib Akhtar
Former Pakistan speedster Shoaib Akhtar has stated that the likes of Wasim Akram and Imran Khan would bowl more in the nets alone than what current left-arm pacer Shaheen Afridi is bowling for the Pakistan side in an international match.
4. Abdul Razzaq on the road to recovery after being infected with Covid-19
Former Pakistan cricketer Abdul Razzaq is currently placed in isolation after he was infected with Covid-19 and is recouping well.
5. ‘The cricket system is robust’ – BCCI President Sourav Ganguly names reasons behind Indian cricket’s success
Former Indian cricket captain and current BCCI President, Sourav Ganguly has stated that the Indian cricketing system is a highly robust one.
6. Deep Dasgupta reveals two captaincy contenders for India’s tour of Sri Lanka
Former Indian cricketer Deep Dasgupta has revealed that the likes of Shikhar Dhawan and Bhuvneshwar Kumar can lead the Indian side in Sri Lanka.
7. ‘Consider England tour over if found positive on arrival in Mumbai’ – BCCI puts strict directives for players before high profile tour
The BCCI has explicitly stated that if any player has been infected with Covid-19, they will straightaway be dropped from the Indian Test squad that tours England.
8. Rahul Dravid likely to coach Team India in Sri Lanka
Legendary Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid is likely to coach the Indian national team on their tour to Sri Lanka in July this year.