Cricketing Trends on Social Media today
Here is how the cricketers spent their day on Twitter and Instagram today.
Published - Dec 24, 2019 7:57 pm | Updated - Dec 24, 2019 7:59 pm
The cricketing trends on social media revolved around a number of events. Today, Harbhajan Singh showed his anger for the national selectors, who didn’t pick Suryakumar Yadav in Team India for the upcoming series against Sri Lanka and Australia. The Mumbai batsman is in great form with the bat and is playing really well for Mumbai in the domestic circuit. There were rife speculations that he might get his maiden call up from the national team but that was never the case. The veteran spinner wants to know why the selectors are ignoring Yadav.
On the other hand, James Anderson, the senior pacer from England retires from Dart sport after Stuart Broad defeated him in a game. Meanwhile, Piyush Chawla, the Indian leg-spinner is celebrating his 31st birthday and he was poured with wishes from his fans and cricketing fraternity. Even, RP Singh, the former shared a heartwarming message for his former teammate on social media.
Virat Kohli, the Indian skipper after winning the ODI and T20I series against West Indies looked busy with the shoot of his brand One8. Moreover, he shared a still for his fans with a beautiful caption.
1. Shane Warne impressed with Piers Morgan speech
— Shane Warne (@ShaneWarne) December 24, 2019
2. Steve Smith relishes the throwback to the time last year watching Ice Hockey in New York
Throwback to this time last year watching the Ice Hockey in New York with dani_willis 🏒 https://t.co/Fzma0ROs8H
— Steve Smith (@stevesmith49) December 24, 2019
3. Sheldon Cotterell wishes mom of his fan on her birthday
Must be a cool mom. God bless you also. https://t.co/RvnUVd3qrH
— Sheldon Cotterell (@SaluteCotterell) December 24, 2019
4. Tim Bresnan starts up with his Christmas shopping
Good luck to all the real men starting their Christmas Shopping today. Remember it's the cheapest one that's free on a 3 for 2. And always think about how long that will take to wrap!! #goodluck
— Tim Bresnan (@timbresnan) December 24, 2019
5. James Anderson retires from Dart game
And now I have officially retired from the sport 🤦🏻♂️
— James Anderson (@jimmy9) December 24, 2019
6. Sachin Tendulkar wishes Bollywood actor Anil Kapoor on his birthday
— Sachin Tendulkar (@sachin_rt) December 24, 2019
7. Harbhajan Singh is unimpressed with national selectors for not picking Suryakumar Yadav
I keep wondering what’s wrong @surya_14kumar hv done ? Apart from scoring runs like others who keep getting picked for Team india india/A india /B why different rules for different players ???
— Harbhajan Turbanator (@harbhajan_singh) December 24, 2019
8. Bradd Hogg wants to know which player left his gloves drying in the hotel pool area
— Brad Hogg (@Brad_Hogg) December 24, 2019
9. Ian Bishop thanks India for the wonderful experience
Frankfurt! Lufthansa👍.Thanks India for your warmth & another wonderful experience. I met some great, caring medical folk & good friends in lucknow. Thanks Twitter for the conversation & education. pic.twitter.com/77oUY3X4Bi
— Ian bishop (@irbishi) December 24, 2019
10. Virat Kohli was busy with the shott of his brand one8
— Virat Kohli (@imVkohli) December 24, 2019
11. Vinod Kambli busy with the preparations for the Christmas
The best of all gifts 🎁 around any Christmas tree is the presence of a happy family all wrapped up in each other.
Decorating the Christmas 🎄 with Johanna and Christiano makes Christmas all the more special.#ChristmasEve #Christmas #Christmas2019 pic.twitter.com/jMZArYnbh0
— VINOD KAMBLI (@vinodkambli349) December 24, 2019
12. Rashid Khan wants people to support a fundraising campaign that provides books to the children
I recently visited Charmaghz Mobile Libraries in Kabul run by @Freshtakarim. Was amazed to see the enthusiasm among children to read & learn. Now lets support their fundraising campaign so they keep providing books to children. Donate now https://t.co/kTZ2QANkxF 🇦🇫🇦🇫 pic.twitter.com/1UV26RfHfb
— Rashid Khan (@rashidkhan_19) December 24, 2019
13. Kevin Pietersen is happy to watch Picadilly Circus with its Rhinos running around the centre of London
#PicaddillyCircus last night. @SORAI2018 & @hublot in full glow. A pinch myself day yesterday. Our rhinos running around the centre of London at London’s busiest period of the year. Truly remarkable really! I love… https://t.co/XPBCz17X24
— Kevin Pietersen🦏 (@KP24) December 24, 2019
14. RP Singh wishes Piyush Chawla on his special day
— R P Singh रुद्र प्रताप सिंह (@rpsingh) December 24, 2019
15. Dean Jones wishes Merry Christmas to all his fans on social media
Just a quick note to say a Merry Xmas to all… and have a super New Year ahead. From all of my family! Janey(taking the photo🤣) Gussie and Phoebe. And Trevor the Jack Russell! 🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄 pic.twitter.com/T9OEqzBxCl
— Dean Jones AM (@ProfDeano) December 24, 2019