IPL 2019: 10 Most hilarious memes of the season
With the conclusion of the 12th edition of the season, here let's have a look at the most hilarious memes of IPL 2019.
Published - May 13, 2019 10:49 pm | Updated - May 13, 2019 10:49 pm
The 12th edition of the IPL marked its grand conclusion by handing victory to the most formidable team this season, and in most seasons so far. The Mumbai Indians, led by Rohit Sharma, lifted the much coveted IPL trophy for the fourth time. It was probably one of the most iconic moments in the tournament when an evidently planned slower delivery from Lasith Malinga, who was pretty expensive in his first three overs, bamboozled the batsman on strike with only a couple of runs required off the last delivery.
But that doesn’t sum up the entire season, which was rather dominated by the Mumbai-based franchise throughout. In fact, the emotions concerning Yuvraj Singh‘s first fifty in IPL 2019 that came in the series-opener against the Delhi Capitals. Every heart must have felt the warmth when their very own World Cup hero proved himself as a class act. Even though he lasted for only four games in the season, the moment still remains fresh in our minds. And the evidence is the fans who took Twitter by storm and reflected the real excitement of the T20 league in their tweets.
This season was special because of many things. Be it watching Sourav Ganguly work with Ricky Ponting or Andre Russell entertaining with the topmost form of T20 batting throughout the season, or MS Dhoni being faster than The Flash. The animation that the season brought in the lives of the fans of the game is simply remarkable. Also, not to forget, Ashish Nehra kind of trained Dale Steyn as the bowling coach of the RCB. Maybe these things put together, sums up the season for us. Fun, excitement, emotions and well, in the end, triumph.
With the conclusion of the 12th edition of the season, here let’s have a look at the most hilarious memes of IPL 2019:
1. The two Titans of the tournament met four times in the IPL 2019 season and right ahead of the final came a Tweet that really made sense on their frequent clashes
At this point of time, they should cancel IPL and play a 5-match series between CSK and MI for the Ambani-Srini Trophy. #CSKvDC
— Manya (@CSKian716) May 10, 2019
2. One doesn’t need a meme template if the Twitter game is strong! Here we are looking at a picture from a conversation between Delhi Capitals mentor Sourav Ganguly and his old teammates Ashish Nehra of RCB and Mohammad Kaif.
Ganguly: Stay in sync with what Kohli says.
Nehra: He tells me to shut up
Ganguly: Exactly pic.twitter.com/2Qzw7CHMjh
— Sameer Allana (@HitmanCricket) April 28, 2019
3. When the Royal Challengers Bowling attack wasn’t ready for the Andre Russell Blitzkrieg.
Virat Kohli : Last over kaun karega Andre Russell ko?
Bowlers : pic.twitter.com/41vQiQbJQ4
— Pakchikpak Raja Babu (@HaramiParindey) April 5, 2019
4. While the Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings had remarkable run in IPL like most other seasons, the Royal Challengers Bangalore failed yet another time and ended last on the points table.
MI and CSK launched their journey as documentaries.
RCB's journey will be launched as a GIF
— Abhishek (@ImAbhishek7_) March 20, 2019
5. When fans are overwhelmed by the fact that CSK almost always takes the top spot in the IPL.
When you're obsessed with being on top of the table pic.twitter.com/vnseLVRe9R
— Bollywood Gandu (@BollywoodGandu) April 15, 2019
6. When CSK skipper MS Dhoni’s reflex as a wicketkeeper is godlike and his stumping game is the strongest ever.
When the batsman lifts his leg for a fraction of a second.
2. Dhoni pic.twitter.com/h1cvz8mYGP
— Sagar (@sagarcasm) May 1, 2019
7. It is a popular opinion that Sanjay Manjrekar‘s commentary is quite unpopular. Wait till the man himself listens to his comm box dialogues.
— Rishabh Srivastava (@AskRishabh) May 8, 2019
8. CSK have produced Lion-like roar against all franchises in all seasons and even in IPL 2019 but they fell short in all four clashes against the Mumbai Indians
— ANSHUMAN🚩 (@AvengerReturns) April 3, 2019
9. Yuvraj Singh might not be at the best point of his career right now, but the emotions linked to the man who brought home the World Cup glory for India can never diminish.
When Kohli hits – RCB celebrates
When Rohit hits – Mumbai Indians celebrates
When Yuvraj Singh hits – Whole India celebrates. 😍
— Godman Chikna of Mumbai Super Kings (@Madan_Chikna) March 28, 2019
10. Ashish Nehra, the bowling coach of the RCB team, was the subject of many memes and fun tweets throughout the season especially due to his inadequacy as a coach and the failure of Bengaluru’s entire bowling attack.
How RCB can defend a target:
1. Kohli mastermind
2. Dale Steyn masterclass
3. Lock Nehra in toilet like Mahavir Phogat.
— Silly Point (@FarziCricketer) April 21, 2019
Get the latest Cricket News and updates from the Indian Premier League, Match Predictions, Fantasy Cricket Tips and lots more on CricTracker.com.