IPL 2021: RCB requests removal of a video featuring Daniel Christian after the all-rounder breached the franchise’s contract
Dan Christian had reportedly appeared on the show and also told that Virat Kohli attends only ‘half’ the team meetings that take place away from the field.
Updated - May 1, 2021 3:58 pm
A video that was doing the rounds where Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) cricketer Dan Christian can be seen joking with Kyle Jamieson about how the New Zealand cricketer had refused to bowl to RCB skipper Virat Kohli in the nets has now been taken down from The Grade Cricketer’s YouTube Channel.
Christian had appeared on the show and also told that ‘cagey’ Virat Kohli attends only ‘half’ the team meetings that take place away from the field. And, these were published on print media and were also circulated online.
And, this video has been taken down by The Grade Cricketer’s’ YouTube Channel. In fact, the host of the channel, Sam Perry stated that Dan Christian had personally requested them to take the videos down.
Perry also informed that Christian had been issued a warning for breach of contract for appearing on the show ‘The Grade Cricketer’. Adding that it is not known whether Kyle Jamieson also received a warning for appearing on the show, Perry stated that the interview has already been widely circulated. Perry also added that because of the respect for Dan Christian, the video has been taken down.
“Earlier this afternoon, ladies and gentlemen, it is no joke but it is pretty funny, but it’s not a lie. I was informed by Dan Christian that he has been issued a warning for breach of contract following his appearance on The Grade Cricketer earlier this week.
We don’t know if the same was applied to Kyle Jamieson. Dan was asked to request us to take that interview down – the interview that is widely circulating around the world already – by RCB. RCB have requested that the interview be taken down, and on account for our respect for Dan, and his contract, we have taken it down,” said Perry as quoted by Wisden India.
“We can only speculate why the interview was taken down,” says Sam Perry
Sam Perry further added that there can only be speculation as to why the interview was taken down and added that officially the RCB franchise holds the rights of the footage to the video. Perry concluded by stating that the interview video is now a banned one, and this is an interview that RCB did not want anyone to see.
“We can only speculate as to why the interview has been taken down. The official reason, from what we understand, is that RCB contractually hold the rights for footage emanating from their bubble which is my words, I don’t know the legal term.
But what I’m seeing, Higgo, is that this is now a banned book. This is the banned interview. This is the interview RCB didn’t want you to see. We understand that we are now not getting player interviews from RCB,” concluded Perry.