Kagiso Rabada takes subtle dig at ICC using the Dolly Parton Challenge
Rabada was penalised for gesturing at England captain Joe Root after bowling him in Port Elizabeth.
View : 8.2K
2 Min Read
South Africa pacer Kagiso Rabada is one of the best the cricketing world is witnessing at the moment. The 24-year-old has already picked 197 wickets in 43 Tests and could have completed the tally of 200 in the recent series against England had not he been banned for his conduct in the third Test. Rabada took 14 wickets in three matches that he played against the Three Lions and could not help his team try to level the series in the fourth and final game in Johannesburg that SA lost by 191 runs to squander series 1-3.
Recently, Kagiso Rabada, who was penalised for gesturing at England captain Joe Root after bowling him in Port Elizabeth, posted a tweet to take a subtle dig at the International Cricket Council (ICC). Using the trending #dollypartonchallenge, Rabada posted four different images of himself across different social media platforms.
Kagiso Rabada was banned for one Test
Most of the frames were about the wild celebration that saw the international body imposing a one-Test ban on him. The decision left the cricketing world divided and even former England captain Michael Vaughan expressed his dissatisfaction over the same.
👀 #dollypartonchallenge pic.twitter.com/bD1jiWvrvG
— Kagiso Rabada (@KagisoRabada25) January 29, 2020
Former Australia speedster Brett Lee also slammed the decision to ban Rabada for a Test. In a tweet, he said although he is aware of the fact that cricket needs to be played in spirit, but also added that he was not convinced with the decision. Conceding that Rabada has pushed the boundaries before as well, he said there was no swearing involved. He said he loved the young pacer’s passion and found the decision “ridiculous”.
Rabada, however, continues to be a star attraction. The No.4 bowler in Test cricket was recently retained by Delhi Capitals for INR 4.2 crores. He made his debut for the same franchise in 2017 and has remained a key member of the same. Last year, however, Rabada could not play the entire tournament because of injury and South Africa did not want to risk aggravating his injury as the 50-over World Cup was nearing. Rabada failed to impress in the showpiece event.
Watch: Irfan Pathan’s interview post his retirement
Download Our App