Advertisement

Stone “believed” to be thrown at the Australian team bus

The BCB authorities apparently believe that some children on the street must've thrown a stone on the bus en route to their hotel.

Nathan Lyon Bangladesh v Australia
Australian team bus. (Photo by Robert Cianflone/Getty Images)

The Australian team bus on Monday was spotted with a broken window, which many believe was caused by a stone thrown by an anonymous person. The Aussie side is currently in Chittagong to feature in the second Test, which began on Monday. Whilst the team was traveling back to the hotel after first day’s play, a small rock or stone was believed to be thrown at the bus.

Cricket Australia’s (CA) security manager Sean Carroll confirmed that no player was injured during the course of this unfortunate incident. But he said their team was in touch with the local police and an investigation has begun to find out who was behind this attack.

Advertisement

“On route back to the hotel last night a window on the Australian team bus was broken. No one was injured in the incident. Team security personnel are currently in discussion with local authorities while they investigate the cause, which is believed to have come from a small rock or stone,” said Cricket Australia’s security manager Sean Carroll.

Street children may have thrown stones at the bus?

ESPN Cricinfo has stated that BCB authorities believe that some children on the street must’ve thrown a stone. If that is to be believed, then there will be serious concerns raised on the security provided by the local authorities as if a child can breach the security, it’ll be all the more easy for an adult.

Yet, Carroll has mentioned that the Bangladeshi officials are taking the issue very seriously and have promised that such incidents won’t repeat. Australia has not been touring Bangladesh for various security reasons over the past few years and the Under-19 Aussie side too pulled out of the World Cup which was hosted by Bangladesh last year.

“Bangladesh authorities are taking the incident seriously and security has been increased on the route. To date, we have been happy with security measures that have been in place and we are comfortable with the response from the Bangladesh authorities and the increased security presence we have been provided in light of the incident,” Carroll added.

Advertisement