Top 10 quotes on King Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli is nothing short of brilliance and deserves every bit of praise.
Updated - Nov 28, 2018 7:00 pm
There is a certain charm and aura every time Virat Kohli walks out onto the field. Over the years, the batting maestro has mesmerised many with his heroics. Many cricket fanatics have been left spellbound with all that he has accomplished and there have always been eternal appreciations for him. The legendary Delhi batsman, on 5 November 2018 has entered into his 30s, a new phase of his life that promises to bring more laurels and achievements.
The Indian skipper, who has had a dream run in the last three years was overwhelmed with wishes from one and all. He has been the ‘Face of Indian Cricket’ for quite some time now and has got fans all over the globe. With 62 international centuries even before he turned 30, the fans would hope for him to keep churning out those runs at the same consistency, if not better.
Right from his teammates and opponents to cricket analysts, there have been some great words that have been stitched together for him.
Here are the top quotes on Virat Kohli:
1. When Harsha Bhogle decided to describe the kind of form he was in
The kind of form he’s in, he picked this ball yesterday afternoon.
2. Ravichandran Ashwin describes the tremendous knock in Mohali
The sandstorm from Sachin at Sharjah and the hailstorm from Kohli in Mohali should be written in the same paragraph.
3. That moment when Sir Vivian Richards was reminded of himself
I love watching Virat Kohli bat. I love his aggression and serious passion that I used to have. He reminds me of myself.
4. Sunil Gavaskar is not less mesmerised
To become a good player, you need talent. To become a great player, you need attitude like Kohli’s.
5. Darren Sammy doesn’t want the Kookaburra to take the punishment
This guy is abusing the form he’s in. The Kookaburra can’t take any more punishment.
6. David Warner left stunned by the consistency
Even if they used a marble, Virat Kohli would still see it like a balloon.
7. Former coach Gary Kirsten is impressed too
Virat is a rare talent. I was fortunate to be a part of that process of seeing him grow and that gives me immense pleasure.
8. Sanjay Manjrekar tells what surprises him
Virat’s success does not surprise you. His failures do.
9. The great AB de Villiers has his say
Virat is one of the world’s greatest batsmen, combining an unmatched ability to dispact the ball with pin-point accuracy with exceptional running in between the wickets.
10. Sachin Tendulkar dedicates the cover drive to Virat Kohli
Each batsman is recognised with one shot and cover drives belong to Kohli.