We are hopeful that a camp will be possible in the second half of June: BCCI Treasurer Arun Dhumal

We are hopeful that a camp will be possible in the second half of June: BCCI Treasurer Arun Dhumal

Arun Dhumal says BCCI is hopeful that they can conduct training session in the second half of June.

Indian team
Indian team. (Photo Source: Twitter)

The ongoing Coronavirus pandemic has stopped all cricket across the world. Though associate nations are resuming the sport with different leagues, international cricket is still halted. This has led to the cricketers being stuck at home. And while certain players from other countries have returned to training, Indian cricketers are yet to resume practising.

However, the BCCI Treasurer, Arun Dhumal has revealed that the board is looking for a window to organise a camp for all the contracted players in the second half of June. Team India last played the sport during the New Zealand tour in the first week of March. Since then, the three-match ODI series against South Africa got postponed and the Indian Premier League was suspended until further notice.

BCCI Treasurer gives a big update 

Now, slowly, but surely the situation is improving with each passing day. And, cricket associations are busy planning a way to bring cricket back on track. But before that, they will have to conduct extreme practice sessions for the players as they were fully out of touch from the game since the last couple of months.

Talking about the same, Arun Dhumal said that the board is looking for an appropriate window for the players. He added that the board is also looking for the perfect playing venues as well. NCA is going through the guidelines issued by the state government and they are yet to come to a conclusion if they can bring every contracted player to a particular venue.

He recited that the board has shortlisted venues and they are quite optimistic that they might get the opportunity to conduct a training session for the players once travel restrictions being eased. “National Cricket Academy (NCA) is studying the guidelines given by state governments and we are discussing all possibilities, like potential venues and travel. Once we are 100% sure that we can get the players to one particular venue, we will.

“We have shortlisted venues, NCA is one, rest options being discussed but we are hopeful that in the second half of June, a camp will be possible if things keep on improving and especially with travel restrictions being eased,” BCCI Treasurer said while speaking to Times Now.