What happened in the cricket world today – July 15
Here is the quick wrap-up of the events that grabbed attention in the cricketing world.
Updated - Jul 15, 2021 8:03 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. I wish I could bring even one percent of the patience Rahul Dravid has: Nitish Rana
Nitish Rana has heaped praise on Indian cricketing legend Rahul Dravid and has stated that it would be a big achievement for him if he can bring in one percent of the patience that Dravid displays.
2. Sri Lanka vs India: Kusal Perera doubtful after sustaining a shoulder injury
Sri Lankan cricketer Kusal Perera might not take part in the limited-overs series against India after suffering a shoulder injury during Sri Lanka’s series against England.
3. We are very lucky to learn our cricket from Rahul Dravid: Sanju Samson
Sanju Samson has termed Rahul Dravid as a great human being and has added that he enjoys being in Dravid’s company.
4. Reports: Rishabh Pant tests positive for COVID-19 ahead of England Tests
Indian cricketer Rishabh Pant has tested positive for Covid-19 ahead of India’s hugely anticipated Test series against England.
5. If Ashwin has a good IPL, he should be considered for T20 World Cup: Laxman Sivaramakrishnan
Laxman Sivaramakrishnan feels that if veteran spinner Ravichandran Ashwin experiences a good campaign in the remainder of the 14th IPL season, then he should be picked in the Indian squad for the T20 World Cup this year.
6. ‘Chahal is stagnating’ – Laxman Sivaramakrishnan suggests Varun Chakravarthy’s selection for T20 World Cup 2021
Laxman Sivaramakrishnan reckons that Varun Chakravarthy is different from the conventional bowlers, and is one of the candidates whom India can consider for the T20 World Cup. Sivaramakrishnan even opined that Yuzvendra Chahal is stagnating.
7. ‘Good luck against our boys but not too much’ – Danielle Wyatt cheekily responds to Ravi Ashwin’s congratulatory tweet
Danielle Wyatt wished Ravichandran Ashwin good luck ahead of India’s Test series against England in a cheeky manner.
8. ‘You still have some cricket left’ – Rohit Sharma gives Dinesh Karthik gentle reminder, keeper reacts
Rohit Sharma commented on one of Dinesh Karthik’s Instagram posts, stating that he still has some more cricket left in him. And for that, the Indian wicket-keeper stated that Sharma should never doubt that.