What happened in the cricket world today – May 1
Here is a quick summary of events that happened in the world of cricket.
Updated - May 1, 2021 9:01 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. Pandya brothers and family donate 200 Oxygen Concentrators to rural parts of India
To support India in its fight against the Covid-19 pandemic, Hardik Pandya and Krunal Pandya have donated 200 Oxygen Concentrators.
2. IPL 2021: Kane Williamson takes over Sunrisers Hyderabad’s (SRH) captaincy for the remainder of the season
In a surprising move, the Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) side released an official statement that stated that Kane Williamson will take over the captaincy duties from David Warner for the remainder of IPL 2021.
3. Justin Langer hints Marnus Labuschagne’s inclusion in the ICC T20 World Cup 2021
Australian Head Coach Justin Langer has stated that he is certain that Marnus Labuschagne will play all three formats of the game for Australia.
4. IPL 2021: Aakash Chopra feels Ishan Kishan should bat at No.4 for Mumbai Indians instead of Krunal Pandya
Former Indian opener Aakash Chopra feels that the Mumbai Indians (MI) side should allow Ishan Kishan to occupy the No.4 slot instead of Krunal Pandya.
5. I have not even thought about my retirement: Shoaib Malik
In spite of playing at the international level for two decades, Shoaib Malik still feels that he is nowhere even close to the finish line of his career.
6. IPL 2021: Virat Kohli reveals the reason behind sending Rajat Patidar at number three for RCB
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) skipper and batting legend Virat Kohli has revealed the reason why Rajat Patidar has batted at the crucial No.3 position in the 14th edition of the IPL for RCB.
7. IPL 2021: Yuvraj Singh ‘very happy’ for Harpreet Brar after the latter’s all-round show in PBKS vs RCB match
Harpreet Brar hogged the limelight in the encounter between Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and Punjab Kings (PBKS). The left-arm spinner picked up the wickets of Virat Kohli, Glenn Maxwell, and AB de Villiers to help his side to a win. And, former Indian cricketer Yuvraj Singh has opined that he is happy for Brar.
8. IPL 2021: PBKS post a hilarious summary of their win over RCB using Chris Gayle, Yuzvendra Chahal’s reference
The Punjab Kings (PBKS) side thrashed the Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) outfit by 34 runs on 30th April 2021. And, the Punjab Kings posted a tweet of Chris Gayle and Yuzvendra Chahal to hilariously summarize the contest between the two sides.