What happened in the cricket world today – May 21
Here is the quick wrap-up of events that matter in the cricketing world.
Updated - May 21, 2021 7:23 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. I would’ve pulled out if IPL 2021 wasn’t suspended: Yuzvendra Chahal
Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) spinner Yuzvendra Chahal has stated that he had planned to take a break from the IPL after his parents were infected with Covid-19. The leg spinner also added that India are the No.1 contenders to win the 2021 T20 World Cup.
2. ‘He will be a good choice’ – Deepak Chahar backs Shikhar Dhawan to lead India against Sri Lanka
Pace bowler Deepak Chahar has opined that Shikhar Dhawan is the ideal man to lead the Indian side in Sri Lanka as he brings with him a lot of experience.
3. Ireland pacer Boyd Rankin announces his retirement from international cricket
Right arm pacer Boyd Rankin, who represented both England and Ireland in international cricket has announced his retirement at the age of 36.
4. ‘He always says ‘you are my powerplay bowler” – Deepak Chahar credits MS Dhoni for his IPL bounce back
Chennai Super Kings (CSK) pacer Deepak Chahar has lavished praise on CSK skipper MS Dhoni and has stated that Dhoni has helped him grow as a bowler.
5. ‘Obviously you want to wear the whites’ – Yuzvendra Chahal expresses his desire to play Test cricket
Indian spinner Yuzvendra Chahal has stated that he wants to represent India in the longest format of the game. Chahal also added that being called a Test player is the biggest compliment.
6. I have seen AB de Villiers get a standing ovation in India like the ones given to Dhoni, Kohli, and Rohit: Aakash Chopra
Former Indian cricketer Aakash Chopra has stated that South African batting legend AB de Villiers has received standing ovations in India similar to that received by Indian legends like Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, and MS Dhoni.
7. Kuldeep Yadav and I could have played together if Ravindra Jadeja was a medium pacer: Yuzvendra Chahal
Indian spinner Yuzvendra Chahal has revealed that Kuldeep Yadav and himself could have regularly played in the Indian side if Ravindra Jadeja had been a medium pacer instead of a left-arm spinner.
8. ‘Throwing stones with limited understanding’ – Matthew Hayden silences critics of India’s COVID-19 tackling
Australian cricketing legend Matthew Hayden has slammed people who have criticized India with respect to the management of the Covid-19 pandemic in the country. Hayden also added that he shares a special connection with India.