Taskin Ahmed available for Pakistan ODI series despite missing BCL tournament

Bangladesh will play Pakistan in a three-match ODI series in March followed by two-match Test series in May.

2 Min Read

Taskin Ahmed available for Pakistan ODI series despite missing BCL tournament
info
Taskin Ahmed available for Pakistan ODI series despite missing BCL tournament (Photo by Sameer Ali/Getty Images)

Bangladesh pacer Taskin Ahmed will be available for the upcoming ODI series against Pakistan despite not being included in the Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) one-day tournament. The BCL, organised by the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB), is part of the hosts’ preparations ahead of the series.

BCB chief physician Debashish Chowdhury confirmed the development on Monday, a day after the board announced the squads for the four teams participating in the tournament, which is scheduled to commence on February 23.

"He (Taskin) is available for the upcoming home series against Pakistan. He (Taskin) doesn't have any injury, he was feeling unwell from infection, due to infection he rested for many days, he had infection in his lungs due to which he could not practice for several days and as a result of not practicing he gained some workload issues," said Debashish as quoted by Cricbuzz.

"If he doesn't gradually build up his workload he can't suddenly go to a game and play. The Pakistan series is coming up, he doesn't have any new injury and now he just needs time to increase his workload but he's not doubtful for the Pakistan series," he added.

T20 WC: Gavaskar slams Pakistan's over India boycott stance
Sunil Gavaskar
Also Read

T20 WC: Gavaskar slams Pakistan's over India boycott stance

Bangladesh are treating the competition as a key preparatory platform ahead of their three-match ODI series against Pakistan in March. Following the ODI leg, the two sides are scheduled to meet again in May for a two-match Test series, making the upcoming fixtures an important phase in their bilateral calendar.

Meanwhile, opener Anamul Haque Bijoy and middle-order batter Mossadek Hossain have returned to competitive cricket through this tournament. Both players were previously barred from participating in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) over alleged suspicious activities but have now been cleared to feature.

However, several other red-flagged cricketers who missed the 12th edition of the BPL due to alleged corruption concerns were also excluded from the recently concluded Odommo Bangladesh T20 Cup, a three-team tournament introduced by the BCB.

"What I was telling you is that during the BPL, they were excluded only for that BPL based on the advice of Alex Marshall and BCB IU Integrity Unit. After that, if they participate in the remaining events - meaning by default, they will be able to participate in the rest unless they are stopped. So now, there is no need to take clearance again. That they don't need new permission because at that time we already told them that we only did not invite them for the 12th edition of the BPL. But for the other tournaments we did not give any requirement to take permission," Mahim M Rahman said.

Get every cricket updates! Follow Us:

googletelegraminstagramwhatsappyoutubethreadstwitter

Download Our App

For a better experience: Download the CricTracker app from the IOS and Google Play Store