What happened in the cricket world today – July 14
Here is the quick wrap-up of the events that hogged the spotlight in the cricketing world today.
Updated - Jul 14, 2021 7:44 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. I am excited about my reunion with a legend like Rahul Dravid: Krishnappa Gowtham
Krishnappa Gowtham has stated that whenever he had any doubts regarding the game, he would approach Rahul Dravid. Gowtham added that he is excited about his reunion with the Indian cricketing icon.
2. Hardik Pandya bowling will solve a lot of problems for Virat Kohli: Ajit Agarkar
Former Indian pacer Ajit Agarkar has opined that if Hardik Pandya rolls his arm over, then it will give a lot of balance to the Indian cricket team.
3. ‘India have two teams now, our one is struggling to survive’ – Saeed Ajmal lashes out at Pakistan after loss against England
Saeed Ajmal has lambasted the Pakistan side, stating that the Pakistan middle order is a flop. Ajmal added that when India and England are capable of fielding two different sides, the Pakistan side does not even have one proper cricket team.
4. ‘These memories will last for a long time’ – Eoin Morgan on England’s 2nd anniversary of 2019 WC victory
On the second anniversary of England’s 2019 World Cup triumph, skipper Eoin Morgan stated that the 2019 World Cup summit clash was the greatest game ever played.
5. I don’t understand how a coach like Waqar Younis can’t bring improvement: Inzamam-ul-Haq
Legendary Pakistan cricketer Inzamam-ul-Haq has opined that if England’s academy players can thrash the Pakistan bowling attack, then there is a fault with the Pakistan side.
6. ‘It is like an IPL All-Stars XI’ – Mickey Arthur on India’s squad strength ahead of SL series
Mickey Arthur, the Head Coach of the Sri Lankan side has labeled the Indian team that will take on Sri Lanka as an IPL All Stars-XI.
7. KL Rahul will be preferred over Shikhar Dhawan in India’s XI for T20 World Cup 2021: Ajit Agarkar
Ajit Agarkar reckons that KL Rahul and Rohit Sharma will be the preferred openers for the Indian side in the 2021 T20 World Cup.
8. ‘I have a good relation with Rahul Dravid’ – Shikhar Dhawan ahead of India’s Sri Lanka sojourn
Shikhar Dhawan has stated that he has a good relationship with Rahul Dravid and has had a lot of interactions with the 48-year-old.