What happened in the cricket world today – June 21
Here is the fast wrap-up of the events that matter in the world of cricket today.
Updated - Jun 21, 2021 9:14 pm
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. After postponing for two times, Adam Zampa finally gets married to his longtime girlfriend
Australian cricketer Adam Zampa married his girlfriend Hattie Leigh Palmer. His wedding had earlier been stopped twice because of Covid-19.
2. ‘I was surprised that he didn’t change the length’ – VVS Laxman reflects on Jasprit Bumrah’s performance against New Zealand
Former Indian cricketing legend VVS Laxman has opined that Indian pacer Jasprit Bumrah did not change his length and was ineffective in England conditions.
3. ‘There was not the kind of commitment you see in Virat Kohli’ – Sanjay Manjrekar delves into Ajinkya Rahane’s mode of dismissal in the WTC final
Sanjay Manjrekar feels that Ajinkya Rahane’s dismissals reflect his state of mind. He also added that Virat Kohli would not have done the mistake that Rahane did in the WTC Final against New Zealand.
4. Simon Doull believes lack of swing bowlers resulted in India’s dismal show on day three of the WTC Final
Former Kiwi pacer Simon Doull feels that the Indian bowlers were not consistent with the ball against New Zealand in the WTC Final.
5. ‘He could have done something different’ – Nasser Hussain opens up after Rishabh Pant gets dismissed cheaply in WTC final
Former England skipper Nasser Hussain has delved into Rishabh Pant’s technique after his dismissal in the WTC Final.
6. WTC final: VVS Laxman dissects Ajinkya Rahane’s technique after he falls to a bouncer
VVS Laxman feels that Ajinkya Rahane would be disappointed with the way he was dismissed in the WTC Final against New Zealand.
7. Shoaib Akhtar keen to buy Lahore Qalandars franchise in near future
Pakistan cricketing legend Shoaib Akhtar has stated that he wants to buy the Lahore Qalandars side and rename it as Lahore Express.
8. Pretty harder to manage as a batter no matter who you are: Kyle Jamieson
New Zealand bowler Kyle Jamieson said that Virat Kohli is a massive part of the Indian cricket team. He also termed Kohli’s wicket as a ‘big’ one.