Ben Stokes apologises to Katie Price for mimicking her disabled son

Stokes has already been suspended by ECB.

Ben Stokes of England News
Ben Stokes of England. (Photo by Michael Steele/Getty Images)

The under-fire England all-rounder Ben Stokes has issued an apology to Katie Price for mocking her son Harvey last month. The cricketer has broken the silence for the first time since being arrested for being involved in the street brawl with a couple of men. Also, New Balance, the sportswear company and also the kit sponsors of England team, decided to terminate their contract with him. Now if he is cleared from the ongoing investigation and if he features in upcoming Ashes series, Stokes would play without the bat sponsor.

The video came to light shortly after the youngster was arrested on on suspicion of causing actual bodily harm outside the bar in Bristol in last month. British tabloid The Express published footage last month showing Stokes doing an impression of first Katie and then Harvey, whose father is former Sydney FC star, Dwight Yorke. Price had also termed him ‘disgusting’ after viewing the video.

Stokes breaks his silence on Twitter

Ben Stokes took to social media website Twitter to break his silence and straightaway apologised Katie Price, the British glamour model, and her son Harvey. In a statement released on Twitter, he said, “”Earlier this year I was shown a clip of Harvey being asked on “Loose Women” how he responds to internet trolls. I loved Harvey’s directness with his response – he said what most of us think but perhaps aren’t brave enough to say, let alone on live TV.”

“I foolishly attempted to copy the clip after I saw it a few times. I should never have done this and I am so sorry. It was absolutely not my intention to offend Harvey, Katie or anybody else. I have written to both Harvey and Katie to say sorry and prior to this offered to meet in person at the end of last month with a view to also getting behind their petition about online bullying. I do hope I can put this right.”

ECB has already withdrawn the name of Stokes from the touring party which will leave for Australia on October 28 to play the prestigious Ashes. It is also possible that the all-rounder joins the team later in case he is relieved from the ongoing investigation over the case.

Advertisement